Sylvan Heights Science Charter School is immeditately seeking to hire the following positions:
Second Grade Classroom Teacher
Candidtates must hold current PA elementary certification and have proven experience.
Essential Functions: The essential functions of this position include, but are not limited to the following fundamental duties:
Supervision of Teachers
- Possess a deep knowledge regarding best practices, current instructional programs, and content in order to make professional and quality judgment on instruction.
- Observe and evaluate professional staff accurately, consistently and based on evidence while aligning with the vision, mission and goals of Sylvan Heights Science Charter School.
- Manage, interpret and utilize data to organize differentiated groups and address all students’ individual academic needs in collaboration with the leadership team.
Professional Support for Teachers
- Possess deep content knowledge in order to provide professionals and support staff with strategies and activities that will support instruction in core curriculum.
- Monitor and facilitate high quality professional development through turn around training while working with staff (in teams or individually) to refine knowledge and skills, based on school data.
- Provide small group or individual support as needed following professional development.
- Identify school teaching and learning needs as well as barriers and weaknesses by analyzing students’ data and implementing problem-solving actions with teachers.
- Demonstrate instructional leadership to facilitate meetings that focus on student achievement.
- Instruct teachers in using data for instructional planning that will have a positive impact on student achievement.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Minimum five years teaching experience preferred. Demonstrated leadership ability and knowledge in instructional best practices is required. Past experience with instructional coaching, design and delivery of professional development and building level committee involvement, and experience working in an urban environment is strongly preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
PA teaching Certificate, PA Adminstrative Certificaton - K-12 Principal, and all required clearances.
Interested candidates for available positions should submist the following to Susan Roth, Principal/ CAO at firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Letter of Interest
- PA Standard Teaching Application
- Copy of PA Teaching and/ or Administrative Certification(s)
- Three letters of reference
- Act 168 forms for all previous employers
- Current background clearances (PA State Police, FBI, PA Child Abuse History)
Sylvan Heights Science Charter School is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate in employment, educational programs or activities on the basis of race, sex, color, origin, religion, age, disability or genetic information. Inclusion of this policy in this document is in accordance with State and Federal laws including Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 503 and 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and Title VI and II of the Civil Rights Act of 1964.